Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Concerning My Latest Idea...

It's been a week since that idea hit me in the back of the head until I was willing to listen. I've discussed it with not quite 10 people and I've made a few decisions about it as well.

--The main character's name is Bridgett. There will also be a terrorist called Adam John. And it would be in poor taste if I didn't mention Penelope (the girl Bridgett falls for) and Oriane (an investigator from the Office of Genetic Security.

--The story will consist of three narrative notes. The main story is my initial idea. The two subplots will be Oriane investigating a murder and the movements of Adam John.

--This idea, this story, if published as a book (and it'll probably be a book), could put my life in danger. This is not an exaggeration.

--I need to publish another book (Ashes of War, anyone?) before publishing this.

--Maybe this thing isn't written by "Len Berry," if you catch my drift.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How would this idea out you in physical danger?

2/08/2007  
Blogger LEN! said...

It's been suggested that this idea of mine will piss off the following groups:
-Homosexuals
-Heterosexuals
-Christians
-Conservatives
-Civil Rights Groups
-Midwesterners
-Men

After doing more preliminary work on the story I can add a few more groups:
-Pagans
-Muslims
-Buddhists

I'm sure this list will get longer the more I work on this project. The fact remains that if you make enough people mad, a percentage of those people will eventually decide to do something about it. A percentage of those people will decide that I need to feel the pain they're going through in a physical way. Make enough people mad and someone will try to hurt you.

The ironic thing is that the message of this story is that we should try to get along because, if we don't, we might regret it down the road.

2/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, I'd say more likely you'll piss them off, they'll complain, whine, moan, and protest your story, but not actually do anything serious. I mean, really, how often does a creator get hurt by people who disagree? If they did, JK Rowling would have been killed by the Southern Baptists already.

2/12/2007  
Blogger LEN! said...

I concede the point. I really only thought it because I usually try to prepare for the worst possible situation.

2/13/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Can I throw out the side argument that JK Rowling lives in England, not below the Mason Dixon line, and therefore is somewhat insulated from the conservative assholery? Len doesn't necessarily have that luxury.

2/13/2007  
Blogger LEN! said...

Interesting thing I thought I should throw in: I was going to my sister's with my parents and they were telling me a story about how they were going to Ford car lots looking for Chevy vehicles.

Why? In part because some social entity that my parents hold reverence for (church?) said that because Ford has been supportive of gays, even when asked to not mention their support, that no one should buy their products. My parents, or my Mom at least, is participating in a boycott of Ford because they're nice to gays and tell people about it.

So, yeah, I should probably add my Mom's name to the list of people this will piss off.

2/14/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

That...sucks. Could be worse. You could know a guy who's not gonna be able to go see The Dark Night because he swore never to support the careers of anyone who'd ever been in Brokeback Mountain. *coughs* Like me.

2/14/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home