Friday, January 26, 2007

Progressing Thoughts

Here are a few linked observations I made throughout the day. These are linked at least in a small degree and they show some of my mental processing a little more accurately than I'd like sometimes. Still, I think I should share. Here we go.

2:10 PM--
Paranoia--I think I'm out to get me.

The good news is that the bookstore isn't as much a desert any more. There's plenty to do and plenty of people to talk to. Having said that, superhearing is both a blessing and a curse. Today, I'm leaning toward curse.

The girl I like, Ashley, came through the store and I overheard part of a conversation she had with another coworker, about what, I'm not exactly sure. What I do know is that Ashley was carrying around a Victoria's Secret bag and her discussion (which to my defense was only 5 feet away from me) included talk of a "he" speaking to people close to Ashley. My coworker also said, "If you're happy, I'm happy."

My analysis--the girl I like has gotten back with her old boyfriend. My streak continues. I hate being deductive sometimes.

3:40 PM--
I'm calmer now. I do think I've been deluding myself. See, just because a woman is attracted to a man doesn't mean she'll go out with him. Much like The Matrix, people will embrace the fear, pain, and hurt they know rather than the hope they don't.

6:25 PM--
At what point does the next best thing become a good thing? Is there such a thing as the next best thing? Truthfully, I abandoned pursuit of one girl in order to pursue Ashley. Maybe it's time I stopped that path and found another one.

Giving Up Density--gotta love it.

10:00 PM--
I can't help but think that I'm really some sort of sensitive misogynist. I'm just bitter toward women in a lot of ways. No, that's not true. I'm just bitter at my history of romantic failures.

Now--
Since I've got all that crap out of my system, I'm better. My final analysis is this: if someone I like, no matter who that person is, is too stupid to realize that I'm better than someone who will treat them like shit, then that person doesn't deserve me.

OK, let's get a short story in the mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home