Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hollow Returns

After recently taking apart and rebuilding the character of Kathryn Angel, I thought I might go back an edit "The Golden Hollow" again. I can't really explain the process this time around, only that I've looked at things with a fresh perspective.


One of the things that caught my attention most was the contrasting rage and sadness that Kathryn has--that a lot of my female characters have for that matter. Here, I tried to capture the moment when Kathryn, enraged, emerges from her "disguise," hellbent on destruction. The oddest thought I had in making this picture was that she should seem like some deranged geisha. Short of the makeup and the heavy accessories, that's not too far from the truth.

Also, I edited "Dwindling Time," my story about internet chain letters that I wrote in about half an hour. I was pleased with it, so I didn't do too much to mess with that one. Maybe I'm just waiting for someone else to read it and trash it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home