Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Adventures in Bookselling

This is about a day late, but who cares.

I was working behind the register yesterday and one of the first transactions of the day was to a woman and her young daughter. they bought a couple fo plush dog toys, one of which was all black and the other a mix of white and black. The black one was for the little girl, which she held thighly to her chest. I don't have another term to use here, except for the cliched one: a child's love.

The other toy reminded me of my first dog, Champ. Champ was a half-spitz, half-border collie, and all attention hound. Champ loved to get into pictures. When we tried to take pictures of her first litter of puppies, the moment we took the picture, her nose ended up directly in the middle of the camera. Thus we got a nice picture of Champ's face instead of the puppies.

Anyway, back with work, i managed to emerge from my drought of discount card sales, selling two cards all day. One of those cards was in fact a gift for a relative. I also got someone who was getting a refund on a book to buy another book for the exact same amount. I got to make a few recommendations to a gentleman asking for good books in the science fiction/fantasy section. Me? Science fiction/fantasy? No...

Also, I caved and I've actually bought a book of political discourse. A few days ago, I picked up The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. He's just a good-natured nice guy trying to make it where Democrats and Republicans get along and talk,not spew hatred at one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home