Thursday, February 15, 2007

Balance Issues

First of all, thanks to Jack and Jonathan--you guys have reminded me how much fun having a blog can be. I'm enjoying our ongoing discussion.

Last week, I was trying to focus on how to approach this crazy idea I've been working on. As I've already established, there's a severe feminine slant since most of the characters are female. I had to do something to balance it out. I hadn't done much consistent video gaming aside from Guitar Hero since I beat the Xenosaga games, so I decided to finally get my hands dirty with one of the most violent games ever, God of War.

Now, as much fun as video games are, they are still inherently distractions from me doing any writing. In a lot of ways, this blog is as well. That aside, I think I need to find some writing that has a masculine slant to balance out the most recent idea I've gotten. I am being slightly pulled by Ashes of War. It's been dormant for a bit, but not so long where I've forgotten about it. For all the work I plan to do, this still needs to be the first book I publish, if only to give readers a better idea of what to expect from me.

My thought is that as I write scenes depicting the growth and development of a predominantly lesbian world, with predominantly lesbian relationships, I will also write about a chaotic fantasy world where political power struggles result in assassins infiltrating castles and killing dignitaries just to silence them. As I write about love in one story, I can write about hate in the other. As I have covert, subtle conflicts in one story, I can shape overt, explosive conflicts in the other.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I think the idea about going between different types of stories sounds like a good idea. It'll keep your repetoire more open, and you can avoid getting pigeonholed into a certain style.

2/15/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home