Monday, April 28, 2008

Convention Time Again

I'm not talking about Wizard World. It's been several times since I've been to one of those and I knew as I left the last one, that the next time I returned would likely be in a professional capacity.

What I am referring to is the third annual Cape Comic Con (sometimes known as Ken Con). It just wrapped up and I think it was probably the biggest success yet. My services were drafted to serve as a judge for the costume contest on Saturday and that was a lot of fun; every one of the entries was really good, each having their own places to shine where the others didn't.

I took the opportunity to also pick up a few X-Men comics from the glory days of the franchise (the 1990s), along with an independent book called Bushi Tales. On Sunday, I dove head first into a HeroClix tournament, using the latest version of my Apocalypse team. I didn't find out until it was over, but the last game I was in was the championship match. I barely lost that one, but it was one of the best games I'd had in years.

With it being convention time, you'd think I wouldn't get any writing done. You'd be right and you'd be wrong. In the days leading up to the convention, I managed to keep that streak of editing one chapter a day going. I got through eight chapters in eight days before I slowed down. I also wrote a great sequence for Mind & Machine featuring a particularly cruel battle between Commander and the demon Dural.

But that leads things back to the the normal flow of things. I've got work again tomorrow, the first time I've had to go since last Wednesday. Regardless of that, I'm making a great deal of progress and I hope to meet all three of my goals yet. It's still a fine possibility.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home