Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Only a Matter of Time

I reached an odd juncture in refining Vitamin F. The next chapter I had to give to Angie was traumatic for me as a writer to look at, not so much on quality of writing, but on the grounds of content. I also got to the big twist in putting together draft two at the same time.

My dilemma was in looking at the two most difficult parts of the entire book at once. Imagine Stephen King having to work on decreasing te number of characters in The Stand while at the same time, figuring out how to wrap the whole thing up. I can only imagine how mind-blowing it must have been. It's what caused him to start taking his regular walks.

Anyway, I didn't want to ruin my forward momentum, but I didn't want to upset Angie with what she get to read next. I decided at first to print out two chapters for her to read, then thought about the entire circumstance and decided to print everything she had left to read, a total of 7 chapters.

So it's a matter of time until someone--other than myself--knows what's going on in Vitamin F from start to finish. I'm a bit nervous about it, for good reason.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home