Friday, February 01, 2008

It's Done (for now)

Around 5:45PM today, I finsihed the first draft of Vitamin F. The details of how I finished it can be summed up in saying that I continued to choose the small moments to tell the story. There's only one real, earth-shaking shift in the status quo, so I felt it would be totally unfair to change the rules at the very end. As things currently stand, all the major questions are answered, but there is still enough left open for the reader's interpretation.

If, by chance, I've left it too open-ended, I already know how I can fix it. I'll just steal a mechanic that I'm going to use at the beginning of Mind & Machine. As far as I'm concerned, most everything is wrapped up with the current draft. All that remains is fine-tuning and refinement, two things that will come in time.

But for now, I'm going to leave Bridgett, Penelope, and Oriane alone. They're probably tired of me messing with their lives.

One final note: The first piece of text I wrote for Vitamin F was dated 2-1-2007.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll probably see you on Wednesday anyway, but congratulations man.

2/04/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home