Saturday, November 24, 2007

Beta Plot Twists

As I previously hinted, one of the beta reader received Chapter 14 of Vitamin F today. It didn't take her long to get through it either.

Angie asked me a few questions before she started reading it. "Is Delilah dead?" I said that would be addressed in Chapter 15, which I also gave her. I asked her to mark down anything and everything she could think of about what she was reading. In a previous conversation, I warned her that I'd know when she met it just by her expression, she wouldn't even have to say she'd read it.

I didn't know how right I was. Angie was walking around close to the register I was working at. I noticed that she glanced my way a few times and had a look that said she was thinking about something. When she started coming forward (there were times when the register wasn't busy, even on Black Friday), I couldn't help but say, "I see that you've read it."

"I did not see that coming."

My response. "You weren't supposed to. Although, I did leave little clues in almost every chapter."

"Yeah. The title was a pretty big clue, but I wasn't sure how until I read it."

"That was one thing," I said.

"And," Angie said, "I've been wondering why Bridgett was the main character. Now I know why."

We discussed things about the chapter itself. Little things past that point. In celebration of the chapter doing it's job, we did the whole high-5 thing, and Angie gave me her official comment on the chapter: "Holy Fucking Shit!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home