Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cosmic Troublemaker

Today, I learned that Commander's purpose in life is to destroy destiny and change the nature of fate.

I'm still writing stuff for the Library. Today, I blasted through what will end up being 5 or 6 pages. In those pages, Commander found out his connection to the Golden Hollow--it turned a pair of newly formed twins into a single zygote. All the rules of his world, for the first time, are now meant to be broken.

I also realized that one of the volumes from the Library has been missing for years. Der Former now has said missing volume.

I know a while back, I promised that I would put some illustrations of Der Former up here. I haven't done that yet. Sorry. I have discovered an odd method to making color drawings. I start with a typical line/sketch drawing, like the ones I've posted in the past. Once I finish that, I put another page on top of the finished one and copy the lines using a pencil of the appropriate color. I worked on some pictures of Sandra Bright earlier, so I used a red pencil to copy the lines of her dress, which is red.

Sandra Bright would love to take over my book. Or she'd at least like to dominate as much of it as she possibly can. I've mentioned recently how she's gone from a character in one sequence of one book to being an essential character in this series. I'm going to end up restructuring an entire subplot of the series just to accomidate this character's long-term motivations. Work in progress, as they say.

Next time will be post 200. By the time that happens, I hope to have a few images to show. Bright (and possibly her inspiration) will be part of that. Der Former may come along for the ride. I might just have Commander or Kathryn make an appearance as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home