Monday, April 14, 2008

Slacker of War

I was going to do a lot better. Then I found out that God of War II finally dropped to $20. I've been playing it way too much. It's a fun game, much more brutal than the original, although there are times I think it may be unnecessarily complicated.

Aside from that, I did make a little more progress. I've edited three more chapters of Vitamin F, two of those being fairly long. As far as page length, I've already shaved 4 pages from the book, and I'm just a little more than a thrid of the way through it. I remember the length arguement Stephen King made in On Writing: Second Draft = First Draft - 10%.

Mind & Machine isn't doing as well. I only transcribed a measly two pages from my notebook. I can do a lot better than that, and I have to. Although I can say that I've finally found a way to make one of the weirder plot wrinkles work with the overall story.

On a side note, one of my coworkers asked me through the course of conversation what my ideal woman would be like. I just pointed out a paragraph from Mind & Machine and let her read it.

The final of the three goals hasn't really been approached in the past week. I'm still well aware that I need to find an agent, but I haven't done much recently to find that agent. I figure this is something that will happen once I've got that second draft of Vitamin F finished.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'm not helping. i need to read the last 2 chapters you gave me still. I'll print them out today.

4/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home