Monday, April 21, 2008

Back on Track

In the past few days, I have edited one chapter of Vitamin F each day. I have also managed to transcribe a few pages of Mind & Machine. The most interesting thing about the whole process has been that I've been writing one-paragraph fights as part of a larger chaotic battle.

A few minutes ago, I started watching an odd anime series called Gasaraki. It's a very realistic take on mech anime, with more modern-day politics than you can imagine. (I never thought US grain prices would be a key plot point in a mech anime, but I was wrong.) It's also got ten tons of Shintoism--come for the mechs, stay for the ritual dancing--and ancient mechs called kugai.

So I take a moment to say that I haven't forgotten Ashes of War by any means. I'm not looking to reawaken it again yet, but I have far from forgotten about it.

I've also been reading three books at once. It's a crazy thought, but I've balanced it so far. At work, I read The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks; it's a solid bit of fantasy, although it leans on Tolkien a lot. At home, I read Small Favor by Jim Butcher, the lastest Dresden book. I'm also reading The Ruins by Scott Smith; it's a descriptive book with vivid images and characters who have little written out dialogue.

Things are on an upswing. Let's try to keep them that way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home