Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good Fortune

I've been very fortunate as of late. As a demonstration of said fortune, I'm going to count my blessings right here and now.

1. Whenever I make a daily goal for my writing, I make it.

2. I've got a good job. Bills are paid. I'm not starving. Etc.

3. Beta Readers. I'm setting up a list now for those who will be the first to read Vitamin F. I've got to know it works before I can hope to sell it. I just need a couple more readers at this point and it would probably be better if one or both were women. The main audience for this one is more the literary female sort, so that's who I need to read it for me. Of course, I'm not cutting the guys out here. It's actually 50/50 as it currently stands.

4. I'm pressing my luck saying this next one, but I'll say it anyway. I asked a girl I work with to go to lunch with me and she said she would. I'm just waiting on our schedules to link up again at this point. She's got a lot going on, which is why she asked me to write down my number for her.

5. With the possible exception of #4, I'm more confident of things right now. I feel like I can and will get Vitamin F published.

6. I just got in contact with one of my friends from high school again. Since he's in the Army now, he's been sent to Iraq twice. His wife is going to have their first child in the fall. I'm glad he's doing well.

So the count is six. Six major things I am quite fortunate to have.

Thank you. I mean it, thank you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home