Thursday, May 03, 2007

Establishing a Plan

After recent reevelations about my progress with Vitamin F, I know that I've got to keep things moving. I spoke with my de facto editor--or would you prefer beta reader, Dan?--I got things set up to try to hammer out another quarter of the story by or around June 1. This is doable for a couple of reasons:

1. I've already written some of the section I need to finish. I've got a rough plot of that section hanging on my wall.

2. I know the tone of the section, as well as the predomiant antagonist(s). And They Have A Plan. (There's a lot of similarity between Galactica season 1 Cylon hunts and Genetic Security constantly checking up on people.)

3. Oriane Panettiere can be summed up in one word: misandrist. I think I might have made that word up, but what it means is that she hates males. Take the word "misogynist" and replace the "gyn" (female) for "andro" (male). Leave sitting 22 years before baking at 450 degrees.

4. One sentence plot: "Bridgett tries to find her place in the world." Story: Genetic Security does what it can to keep the plot from resolving. Resolution: that'll stay my secret for a while longer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home