Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Creative Numbers Crunching

Even in writing, numbers are the definative way of tracking progress. After 40 days of working on Vitamin, I've come up with a few numbers to chart my progress.

I've typed around 23,700 words. The mark of a short novel's word count is 60,000.

Using 12 pt., Times New Roman font with single spaces, I've written 44.1 pages.

Proper format--same as above with double spaces--comes up to around 78.5 pages. This doesn't include any sort of chapter spaces or breaks, nor mid-chapter breaks.

The good news is that the framework of this story is really coming together. Something that didn't really exist in my mind two months ago has a detailed plot and story progression. It has characters that, in my mind, are just as real as Hokairu Itobe, or Commander's nemesis Kadium. I should also point out that I'm fairly certain that by February 2008, I should have a draft of this book done. If I don't finish the draft sooner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home