Thursday, May 31, 2007

No, I'm not here after all

Those are the words I end up telling my computer every day. I've been making excuses about the individual times of day (early mornings and late nights) when I have done a lot of the work on Vitamin F. Production of the story hasn't stopped completely, quite the contrary. I've got a notebook that I carry with me all the time since it fits in my pocket. One full scene and part of another have made it in there as of late.

So what's holding me up? Lots of things. I'll just name the biggest few.

Stress. I've got gobs of it. Occasional difficulties with work, great-grandmother passed away, gaming politics to name a few.

Nutritional strength. About the time I started Vitamin F, I actually started taking daily vitamin suppliments. Yes, this is what gave me the idea for how the primary drug would be presented, which led to the title. If I have smaller meals, I usually can't justify taking a vitamin. There've been a lot of times recently where I've been forced to have many smaller meals instead of full ones (closing shifts at work). Now that things have stabilized again, I've recognized the problem and taken steps to rectify it.

Blood? I've had to sop up a bleeding wound far too many times in the past couple of weeks. I'm tired of it. I'm tired because of it. As of today, I'm wondering if this might be a part of the creativity drought. Again, I'm taking care of it.

I guess I'm drawing a line in the sand. I know what problems currently exist in my life and I'm looking at them and saying, "No more." The writing will continue because, if it doesn't, I should give up on most of my life to this point. I have no intention of giving up.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Bleeding wounds? Are these literal or metaphorical wounds? If literal, are they result of a fight club? If so, confirm by not responding (since you can't talk about it).

Are the gaming politics related to the Heroclix shakeup, or one of your RPGs?

And it's good to know that even when there's a ot being dumped on you, that you can still keep plugging away at your story. That's got to be encouraging, I would think.

5/31/2007  
Blogger LEN! said...

I thought the bleeding was just literal, but it might be metaphorical too. As you bleed you lose blood, but it might have caused me to lose some of my creative drive as well. But I didn't say that. I'm not repsonding to that question.

Gaming politics--RPGs, 100%.

Calvinpitt, thanks for reminding me that I am still going forward with my writing. It's one thing for me to say it, but it's another thing for someone else to agree. I know that we're both fighting battles with large amounts of writing, so it's good to know that there's someone else in the trenches fighting the good fight.

6/01/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Calvinpitt said, good to see you're trying to fix the problems. And my condolences on losing your great grandmother. I'm curious about the gaming politics though, since I'm friends with all of you.

6/09/2007  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Long story short, Jack, I quit because I wasn't having fun, Oscar quit because he didn't have time, and the group kinda shut down. Jeff, not so much with the happy. Much more with the bitchy. Said bitchy being directed at Len, because he's the only one Jeff can directly contact. Fun ensues.

6/10/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home