Monday, September 19, 2005

Mixed Signals

Turns out I wasn't done talking about Lauren, not by a long shot. Before I start, let me say, my thought on the window having come and gone still holds... it's just a fact that some windows can open again.

The first lecture test for A&P I was today. After a short hike to get to the hall where we were giving the test, I saw Lauren there. Odd because what use is a tutor during the test. I exchanged pleasant discussion with her, just as I did last Friday.

Let me step back a second and make note that I saw my supervisor's S.O. leaving the lecture hall when I came in. I get along well enough with my supervisor that the concept of the same-sex relationship usually doesn't enter into my mind.

Fast forward to me and Lauren passing out exams. We do this and reconviene at the front of the room. Then my superhearing strikes. I heard most of their conversation. I won't repeat any of it. Instead I'll just take advantage of the opportunity to say this--gay people might be gay, but they're still people.

Several minutes had passed and Lauren took her leave. As she passed by me she gives me a firm, distinct pat on the back and tells me she's taking off. I got called away to see about a student's question and, on the way back to the front, Lauren waves to me as she leaves. Being a polite person, I wave back.

No matter what, this girl is friendly. Something just has to happen so she can get to know people before opening up. Why does this sound familiar...? But I heard what I heard with superhearing. I didn't hear it all, but from what I heard....

I wonder if my chances are slim, good, or absolutely nonexistant. I'm a scientist; I get paid to be curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home