Monday, September 05, 2005

'Gator!

That was the thing that made me start to think going to Neelyville this weekend might not be a bad idea. Since there was a 3-day weekend, my family was taking advantage of the situation to barbeque. Among the list of things being put on the grill was Alligator Sausage, provided by April after her Honeymoon to New Orleans a month ago. It was good stuff.

I got a few more things as well. During the same trip, April and Landon got me a New Orleans/Bourbon Street keychain and a really kickass pen. The pen had a metal casing with dragons carved in it. Very cool. If I can remember, I'll put a picture up and show it off.

My parents went to Branson a couple of weeks ago on vacation. Knowing what my sister had found, they got me a pen as well; a very elite business pen with the John Deere logo on it. No, it wasn't a cheap promotional Bic pen, either.

Of all of us, I think I liked the 'gator most of all. Mom had a little, Dad liked it bout couldn't handle the spice, and April thought it was OK. I make note of this as evidence that I will try new things once in a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger LEN! said...

I've actually tried calimari before. It wasn't bad at all. Not the greatest thing I've ever had, but I'm not the Mad Cackler.

9/12/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home