Sunday, August 28, 2005

Assumed Objectivity

I had a thought the other day. I talked with a girl and thought back to my past. The way this girl started talking to me reminded me of times in the past when girls were dropping me hints or sending me signals to talk to them because they liked me. It hasn't happened much that I'm aware of. This time, it's a girl I'm not objected to.

Could I vague that up for you? Sure, but I have reasons for keeping things vague.

Instead of being a total jerk/fool, I decided to be logical about all this and get some advice, preferable from a female since they know how girls think better than guys do. In a mostly objective manner, I relayed all pertinent information to Katie. She had a few questions for me. "How was she standing?" "Did she come to you, or did you go up to her?" Little things I would never have thought of. After some discussion, complete with diagrams on a dry-erase board, Katie led me to believe that this girl is interested in me.

Here's where the posters of the world come in (provided they aren't advertisement bots). What do you think? What thoughts do you have on attraction between males and females? What makes one person like another? Give me your thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting question you pose here. I wonder the same thing on a regular basis.
There is, of course, physical attraction...but I think to *really* like someone, it has to go deeper than that. For example, I remember flirting with a guy who worked at my gym. He was, on all accounts, *very* physically attractive...but in a really obvious kind of way (which, to me, is not always best). Anywho, I thought I was into him, until we began to exchange emails. Turns out, he couldn't write/spell to save his life. Now, maybe I'm just a nerd (well, that's almost certain) :) but I was *so* turned off by it, I couldn't go through with the whole thing.
On the other hand, my last boyfriend: I was attracted to him almost from the day we met, though nothing happened till months later. But I think probably 9/10 chicks would say he's not physically attractive. And although I have always been attracted to him, I can't put my finger on why, as I didn't really get to know him until we started hooking up. I do know this though: he's smart, confident, and knows what he's all about. To me, that is very attractive.

8/28/2005  
Blogger LEN! said...

I agree that it takes more than a physical cue to attract someone for more than five seconds. There has to be a relatable element, in my opinion. It doesn't even have to be specific to start with. The situation that's spurred my current line of thinking is based upon me recognizing intelligence and understanding in another human being. I'm a firm supporter of those things, considering my screwed up code of honor and the amount of education I've had.

8/29/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home