Tuesday, August 30, 2005

And the crow lady said, "Get out of my mind!"

(Name the reference for bonus points.)
I can't get her out of my head. Just when I think I have, pop, she's back. No, not the crow lady.

As per last week's discussions and diagramming of my interactions with nice girls in the lecture hall, I followed Katie's suggestion and went looking for some lecture notes. I was a little more forthcoming than that. What I did was return the gesture I was given last week and provide Lauren with my office hours and e-mail.

After that, the part of my brain that created Commander decided to have a good long laugh--at me. Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're missing out. Anyway, I laughed because I did go out of my way to deliver said information. The result... I'm going to go with neutral. Meaning, I can't tell.

After telling Andrea about what's been going on, she asked, "Do you feel like you can't get her out of your head?" The answer: yes. I thought for a while about the various implications of why. Is it because I thought she might like me, or is it another reason? I don't think the concept of type applies to my preferences any more. I just want a few things and if I decided I'm interested, I'm interested.

For now, I say that my dwelling on it is done, or at least on hold. I've allowed the door of communication to remain open. I've even thought of ways to justify doing so. But the reality is I've got to keep moving along and I can't let some assumed perception stop me. I've got to keep going forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home