Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Thrill of Victory and The Agony of Defeat

Another shameless plug--I picked up the new collection of Moble Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team on Friday. It's a great series, and the only Gundam series that takes place during the One Year War that's worth watching. The original Moble Shit Gundam, isn't worth... well anything, and I like old anime.

Today, I played in the marquee tournament for the latest Marvel HeroClix set. The local shark, Nathan, was absent, so the playing field was more or less even. Marquee tournaments require three boosters, and as a result, 300 point teams. My team consisted of veteran Ghost Rider, veteran Karma, experienced Iron Fist, and rookie Green Goblin. I played in a couple of games which were both challenges for me, yet I pulled out a victory each time.

In fact, when all was said and done, I was called to collect an LE prize. Within a minute, someone asked, "Who won?" Having the LE Juggernaut in my hand, that made me the winner. I was a little surprised until I realized I had a perfect record and I don't think anyone else did. If anyone else had the same record, then I supposed the points they earned didn't match up my taking the opposing team in each game. However, I say again, the matches I played were challenging. I had to work for every point I earned.

Later, after doing some running around, I ended up playing video games with Oscar and Lt. Dan. And when it comes to video games played against other people, boy do I suck. I fared better than I did the other times I've gone over there, but I still got my ass handed to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home