Saturday, June 25, 2005

Downward Bound, Part 1

Upward Bound was hoping that the checks would come in June 24. They've been transitioning from one fiscal year to the next and can't transfer any money out until the books are up to date completely.

So went to see if, by some miracle, the checks came through. Another teacher for the program had come in before me for the same reason. They didn't have one for her, so they didn't have one for me. But wait--there might be checks in this drawer.

The checks were there. The other teacher got her's and the student worker started looking for mine. Unfortunately, my name was not on the list of those who checks had been sent for. The student worker made some calls and tried to track down my check. Since my usual job for the University is through the Biology department, it may have been sent there. So I went.

At the Biology office I found... an empty office. However, I knew where the checks were usually kept in case someone needed to come get their check. After a few minutes of searching in solitude, I found nothing, not even another person's check. Returning to the Upward Bound office, I informed the student worker of the situation. She tried to give me an idea of when the administrators would be in the office again.

Now, Upward Bound may be a zoo, but when they have stuff, they have stuff together. This mess isn't their fault. Someone is accounting made a stupid mistake, a mistake that, come Monday, they'll wish they hadn't made since they'll be getting a visit from an imposing, scary guy who looks a lot like me.

I understand a lot of the current situation, I just need to sort out what's happening next. Because, once I find my check, I get to look forward to doing this again in two weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Jeez, that sucks! I can imagine how pissed I'd be if that happened to me where I work. Good luck getting it all sorted out!

6/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home