Friday, June 17, 2005

Switching Rides

More often than not, I think of my life as a roller coaster. Things go up, they go down, they sometimes spin around. Things stay interesting to some degree. I love to finish by saying, "at least it's not boring."

I've finished most of my obligations to Upward Bound. Things went on a big dip then a big jump toward the end. Wednesday was hell for the simple reasons of por test results and ACT review becoming more unruly than any class has ever been for me.

Final presentations were quite good considering they were given by half-interested high school students. The final ACT review session saw turnabout for the students in that they had to sit through and extra half hour for the math version (which meant I got to wait a half hour also), followed by another session of testing over science. Also, they had to take both tests official ACT style--no talking, spaces between students, no getting up, no going to the bathroom, no anything.

The end result was that things were essentially fair. It's not like they weren't warned in advance multiple times.

Now, I think I'm going to shift over to summer mode. Which means a degree of normalcy back in my schedule along with lots of underlying chaos.

Over the next few weeks, I'll probably make three 100 mile+ trips. First is to actually give my Dad his Father's Day present on Sunday. The next week, as I learned today, features the wedding of an old friend of mine from high school. Finally is the ever-burning Blow Shi--I mean Independence Day.

We'll see where things go from here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel C. said...

I like Blowing-shit-up day!

6/21/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home