Monday, June 20, 2005

Creative Spring

Well, I've been trying to get my brain running on some ideas again. First of all is getting the edits done on "The Gunfight." I've got a list of things to put it, and now, I might just get them done.

The other thing I've been thinking about is a little thing I call Ashes of War. This is one of those projects I've had burning in my head for a long time now. I've found a few people interested in it. I even found one friend of mine that is an ideal reader of this story.

Ashes of War is ambitious to say the least. Not only is it an epic, but the way I have it planned, it's two epics. One that's a war, the other that's an oppressive dictatorship. That doesn't sound like a whole lot of detail, but I'm keeping it vague for a reason. I don't want to give anything away about it, but this is something that I've had a lot of thought about.

In the highlight of CrossGen, I thought about making this as an ongoing comic series that I might pitch to them. If you know about CrossGen, you know it's a good thing that I didn't. Next, my thought was to develop it as a semi-fantasy epic 15 issue comic series. I plotted out the sequence of events and characters, some of which came about only because I planned out a lot of the parts.

As with many things I write about, Ashes of War went on the back burner for a while. When it came back, I had decided to focus on my abilities as a prose writer rather than a script (comics) writer. Because of that, those 15 issues became 15 chapters; the comic series was reimagined as a novel.

My next thought is to start building up interest with this story. I'd like to start showing off some of my ideas here and seeing what those of you reading this might think. Over time, I'll add comments onto this post concerning various aspects of Ashes of War.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel C. said...

Good luck! I've said before Ashes of War is a really cool idea from what you have told me.

BTW I finished the first story of the Challenge today... granted it was a mostly finished story anyway, but it still counts!

6/21/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home