Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Downward Bound, part 2

So I played the latest game show again--Mutual of Omaha's Wild Goose Chase. I decided, let's cut the crap and go see the people I really need to talk to, the people who pay the checks.

Round One: Find the correct office. Ugh. I started by asking the Cashier's Office. That's how you quickly get into an adventure called "the runaround." They wanted to send me back to Upward Bound to look for the check (NO!), but they made two mistakes. First, they mentioned that the checks come from Payroll. Second, I got them to tell me where Payroll was. Also, Payroll was the right office for me to go to.

Round Two: Find out where the check went. This was the easiest thing of all. The ladies in Payroll looked at a couple of sheets, asked if I'd worked for the Biology Department and said, "It went there."

Round Three: Find the actual check. The Payroll office made no less than four phone calls for me today. Two of them to the Biology secretary who is currently on vacation (that's going to come back to haunt me, I just know it). In the end, the check had been on the secretary's desk, but I know not to fool with a secretary's desk; it's a quick cure to breathing. The Biology secretary ended up calling the office and telling them to make sure I got the check.

Bonus Round: Find out where the next check will go. While waiting for some of the previously mentioned phone calls to be returned, I asked where the next check will go. I was informed it would also go to Biology (never found out exactly why this was happening in the first place), but, after another call, that destination has supposedly been shifted to the Upward Bound office. We'll see how screwed up this will get soon enough.

In the end, I got my check, dropped it off at the bank, and went about my day. Finally found the last DVD of Wolf's Rain, so that's one more anime series I have completed my collection of.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel C. said...

At least you got your money...

6/28/2005  
Blogger LEN! said...

Yes, I did!

6/28/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home