Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rename Raibaru!

Here's a bit of a gag contest. I don't know if there's a prize involved, but I'll appreciate any input on this subject.

In Ashes of War, one of the two main characters is a war hero known as Raibaru. If you know much about Japanese syllables, you might have already guessed that this character is just Rival pronounced in Japanese style. I'm sick of this name, but I can't think of another.

I have a few rules for name suggestions. 1. All suggestions should have a Asian element to the name, just because I've got to make it fit with everything else in the story. 2. All suggestions should fit with the character's role and personality. For example, Raibaru is the rival of the other main character, Rakkan.

Here's a description of Raibaru as a character. Thank you for your support.

RAIBARU--hero of Uyoku and possible successor to the role of Overmaster. He is bound by a code of honor, making him keen and logical in battle. Once, he was a student of history and spirituality. Eventually, many people will look to him as a guide to freedom and salvation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest Hokairu Itobe. I have no earthly idea if it means anythingat all, but it sounds nice and its the best I can think of in thirty seconds.

6/29/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Oscar

6/29/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home