Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Advancing

The one piece of writing that gets the most emotional reaction from my readers has been from Chapter 16 of Vitamin F. It starts out fairly dull, the tension brought on by Bridgett, aware of the secret locked in her genes, confronting her life. She still has to go to class, she still has to talk to the other girls in her sorority, and she still needs to go to the library on occasion.

But at the library, Genetic Security is waiting to run tests on the crowd. They wait, ready to ambush the crowd and run tests. They sample the genome, making sure its being taken care of for the good of the nation.

I just finished editing that section again. I try not to mess with it, for the simple reason that I don't want to destroy the notes that pull at an audience's emotions. I set out to have Bridgett confront her situation externally. I ended up with a some readers doing Bridgett's crying for her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home