Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ruling the World

I've mentioned hidden agendas in writing before, along with subversive messages. I bring it up again because I've figured out the secret message hidden in my lead characters. This applies to The Golden Hollow as much as it applies to Vitamin F, or Ashes of War. My lead characters, to some noticeable degree, are looking for an intimate companion (or soul mate if you prefer that term).

And I never thought I'd listen to much Coldplay, much less buy one of their albums. However Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is actually quite good. The track "Yes" speaks to a lot of the themes and ideas I've been contemplateing in the past few weeks, while "Viva La Vida" could be a theme to an older version of Commander; and, yes, it does primarily discuss the trials of a deposed ruler.

I also started up another little project. Why I Shouldn't Rule The World is a blog designed as a satirical message of policies I would enact if I were to gain undisputed rule over a country of great influence (like this one). Check it out, comment on it. All comments are going to be accepted as "the voices of the people."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home