Monday, July 21, 2008

Struck Down

I knew it'd happen this way. No one succeeds the first time out the gate.

Today, I got back a nice form letter from Jennifer Jackson saying a nicer form of, "Thanks, but no thanks." Very nice, very professional.

Truth is, it takes between 12 and 60 attempts to get an agent to bite. But if I don't try, I'll never succeed. Anyway, I need to find a few more agents to send query letters to. Hopefully, I'll get someone's interest by year's end.

On the topic of goals, yes, I've started a new set of goals. Most of them are geared toward being met by year's end. Get through most of Mind & Machine, might start in on draft 3 of Vitamin F, more query letters to agents, and one more that I really don't want to discuss specifically in an internet setting. Let's just say it involves breaking a certain curse and leave it at that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home