Friday, August 01, 2008

Sometimes You've Got to Roll a Hard Six

Wether it's work, interacting with others, or racing the Cylons to find the planet Earth, there are times when you've just got to stick to your guns and do what you must. I'm having to dance around several things at the moment, things that make me have to stick to my guns.

At work, I get to open on days I usually don't, just so I can sort through every single bit of paper dealing with Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn. Then, I get to close every time I work next week while another of my coworkers gets to go on vacation while I wait to never use mine.

If I do get to use my vacation, it'll be to take care of my family, not to have a moment to relax on my own. I don't really want to get into it other than to say a week in Neelyville is not an appealing concept.

I keep letting myself get distracted from my thesis work. Pretty soon (say next week), I'll just have to tell everybody to leave me alone for a while so I can get some work done. (No, I won't run everybody off, not really.)

Then there's my constant distraction, the cause of my torment, the potential of compassion and interaction. I need to try to make some progress on that quasi-romantic front. I'm having nightmares that punish me for not doing so.

But I'll persevere. I always have and I always will, God willing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home