Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sowing the Seeds

I was driving around earlier and I heard the song "Sowing the Seeds of Love" by Tears For Fears. I looked up the lyrics and the song is just as much a love song as it is a song about spurring political change or standing up for yourself.

I've stood up for myself in that I've hit snag after snag with the modeling program I'm supposed to use for my thesis. I stood up by telling my professor what was going on, what thin solutions there are, and implying that I'm not sure if it can be done now. I also took the opportunity to tell him in no uncertain terms that I feel that I have already earned my Masters--I've completed all the coursework, I've demonstrated that I have authortative knowledge of my field, and "nothing should stand in the way of that, computer or otherwise."

And with the current political climate, I'm going to soapbox a little. I'm voting Obama in November because with him there's the hope that he could accomplish some of what he's trying to do. Even if he's only partially successful, it will be a monumental change for the positive. McCain is a good man, and a very good senator, but as a candidate, McCain seems to be little more than a puppet. We don't need any more puppets. Also, like many people, Sarah Palin scares me; she's the kind of person who could turn the United States into a theocracy. Read The Handmaid's Tale and you'll see just how dangerous a theocracy really is, especially to its citizens.

Concerning love, I know what I want. I've recently been reminded of what it is that I'm really after. And I need the power of nature, something like a whirlwind, to push me to do the things I need to do. It's all very simple, I just have to try to be an active friend rather than just a compassionate one. In time, I'll find who I'm after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home