Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Writing Assessment

The way things have been going, I thought I would take a look at where things are with my various writing endeavors, as well as what those endeavors are.

Ashes of War--(novel) One of my more interesting projects. It'll take a lot of skill to make this work, but I'm sure I can do it. It'll just take some time to get it all done.

"Blood Draw"--(short story; part of Blood Tithe) Truly a short story, not even running ten pages, I just got my second rejection notice after submitting it. I'll be resubmitting it again shortly, as soon as I figure out where to send it.

"The Consequence of Victory"--(short story; part of Blood Tithe) While "Blood Draw" deals with the dhampir Andra Raven, this story deals with the very human vampire hunter (tentatively) named Anthony Stewart and what happens to a vampire hunter after a successful hunt. It takes place years before "Blood Draw," and shows some human reaction to vampires becoming a real part of the world and society. I need to finish writing it.

"Sacrificial Lambs"--(short story; Commander) Again, something I need to finish writing. This is probably going to end up being a little philosophical, seeing how one of the characters thinks he's god/a god. Also, there's a slight possibility that one of the characters will be advocating the worship of her god to Commander, who is of the opinion that he's dealing with a couple of crazy people. Finally, I don't want to end up with a character dynamic that's similar to "The Golden Hollow."

"The Golden Hollow"--(short story; Commander) I'll admit, there's a selfish part of me that wants this to be the first thing I get published, now that I've put so much effort in it. However, I've managed to find a few ways to solidify the fact that this is actually Kadon's story, Commander is just a participant. There are a lot of strong elements in the story and I should take any opportunity I get to flesh those out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home