Sunday, October 23, 2005

Epiphany

I've figured a few things out.

The first thing is that I need to get "The Golden Hollow" turned back around and sent back to Anti Muse. I can't rush this, but I can be impatient with some things, so part of me is trying to. I'm planning on looking at the story again tomorrow, since I'll have had a few days where I haven't been hip deep in it by then.

Second, I need to figure out an overall title for the series of stories, books, and other projects that involve characters like Commander, the Tantrum, Sen. Malcolm Maxwell, and boatloads more. This would be a title that would be a minor inscription on the title page or cover of a book. Probably with the format of A _______ Novel. Right now, my main thought on what should go into that blank is the term Golden Hollow.

My main reason for thinking this is that many of the characters and event that happen in this world I've created are linked in some way to the telekinetic cataclysm sometimes called the golden hollow. It makes the Brillians (extraterestrials) go to war. It motivates The Organization to experiment with psychics. It heralds the coming of Kadium. It, in a way, creates Commander.

I need to think of something to fill in that blank sooner or later. I've toyed with Devil Inside, but I think that may just have to be a single title for something, but that's ok. I've thought about Commander, but I'm not quite sure if that's the way to go. If anyone's got a thought, let me know.

Finally, I've figured out something of a functional formula to getting some writing done. This is something that's going to start tomorrow as well as the next round of edits on "The Golden Hollow." That story was initially written in short scenes. I'd write 1 or 2 or, on a very rare occasion, 3 pages to make a scene, not really caring about order. I just thought of some stuff to type about with the chosen event(s). Eventually, I put the puzzle together and fill in any gaps. It took time, but I eventually created a story that I don't know if I would have thought of otherwise.

In one moment, I thought about all that and decided I should start writing a semi-random page a day. That way, I can't say I'm not working on something. Actually, what I'm going to do is try to write an average of a page a day. Some days, I might not get any in. Others, I'll get 2 or 3 pages. Either way, it's regular writing. Also, editing doesn't count, only new product does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home