Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Tide Begins to Shift Back...

After getting some good suggestions on how to conclude my ongoing struggle with class scheduling, I thought about the various things going on at the moment and how they are turning out well, all things considered.

To start off, I did my good deed of the day and made what appeared to be some dramatically helpful suggestions to one of my classmates in regards to approaching his class project. This guy said he was currently at an F and didn't know what to do to complete the project. We were just talking and I told him my approach to the project. He asked me a few questions about how that could work and I explained it. Don't worry, this guy is an undergraduate and has a completely different topic than I do, so I didn't damage anything by telling him anything.

Another bit of good news--I finished reading the second Vampire Hunter D novel Monday, Raiser of Gales. I can see why it wasn't the basis for the second movie, just in the way it was paced and the development of the story. Also, the resolution is very... static.

Because I finished a book, I've got to find something new to read. Over this past weekend, I noticed a book when I was out shopping with my family. The Scar, by China Mieville. I looked at it a little and while the elements mentioned on the book cover seemed like something I wouldn't really be enthusiastic about, there was an unknown element that drove me to investigate this book and see if it was really something I wanted to read. I looked around, found it at The Book Rack, and bought it.

Sometimes things call out to me. Believe it or not, the movie (not mini-series) Dune was one of these things. I literally waited 15 years to see that movie. Oddly enough, it was probably worth the wait.

And I'm writing. It's a piece tenatively titled "Sacrificial Lambs." It starts off by bringing up a string of odd deaths and suicides, finding a connection between them all. And it's on a global scale. Crazy stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home