Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rye Road

It's been a while since I've done any short story work. A little more than an month ago, I noticed several Sesame Street dolls at work. There was a Cookie Monster, a Big Bird, and an Elmo. But no Grover; the poor bastard's been swept away to make room for Elmo.

So, standing in front of these dolls and pretending to kill an Elmo, I wondered what it would be like if Grover tried to kill Elmo. A few weeks passed and the answer to that question finally struck me. (No, I'm not telling; I want a few people to be surprised how it ends.)

Over the last week, I've written it out. "The Plot On Rye Road." All I can really say is that the trash heap is the most distinct character of all. The trash heap is evil, malicious, and manipulative. Oscar's just a grouch.

And the reason why I was able to pull this story off: I read Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book last week. Good read, but that's not a surprise since it's Gaiman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home