Tuesday, April 18, 2006

That's not right!

First topic...
I was going to say something here about my personal frustration about how brilliant and attractive (and unavailable) one friend of mine is, but I couldn't make a coherent thought out of it. Suffice to say, some things are beyond words, or at least beyond expression.

Second topic...
"It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea." Good Idea--Having Greg Rucka take over on Supergirl. Bad Idea--Expecting that he'll have time to actually work on it. Because of that, it looks like I won't be reading Supergirl much longer.

Third topic...
I love cheap anime, especially if it's any good. I was recently informed that, of all places, Big Lots, was selling anime DVDs for $4 each. I took a look and found one of the volumes of Blue Submarine No. 6. I remember when each of those went for $25-30. I wasn't big on it the first time I watched it ("You can't use rumba music with a battle sequence!").

2 Comments:

Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Seriously, how many books have they got Rucka on right now?

And, cheap anime at Big lots? Is there one of those around here? I must find it!

*Runs into the night*

Forgot my shoes. Ouch.

4/19/2006  
Blogger LEN! said...

Greg Rucka is currently writing the following comic books: Supergirl (for 2 issues), 52, Checkmate, Queen & Country. Plus he's working on three novels--those thick things you can get at any bookstore and pay his bills.

Big Lots is right next to Toys R Us, which is pretty close to the mall. They've got an interesting selection.

4/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home