Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Three Gears

I saw an episode of Chappelle's Show the other day where he had a sketch entitled "The Three Daves." It was just him poking fun at how his opinions have changed over the years. Now comes a similar style post from me, more about the mental states I can get into at any given time.

1. Lazy Ass. This is the lowest version of me. I'll procrastinate, make foolish claims to convince myself that I'm getting work done. That sort of thing.

2. Chronic Multitasker. This is second gear. I'm trying to do little bits of everything, or at least several things at any one given time. I get work done, but I'm constantly looking for motivation.

3. Thesis Mode. This is me going all out. I find what I want to work on and work on that, everyting else be damned. It is named for the project I have worked so diligently on for the past 8 weeks.

Alas, with any gear system, one can't stay in any gear all the time. I'm happy to say that I can keep in the Chronic Multitasker gear most of the time. With Spring Break last week, I did shift all the way from third to first, but I'm back in second today. Next week, I think I'll be in third again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home