Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Survival

For obvious reasons, I've thought about this concept quite a bit in the past few days, not only in the physical sense but also in a more subjective sense.

In order to physically survive today, we'll actually use cybernetics. Prosthetic limbs, artificial hearts, insulin pumps, dialysis machines--these are all cybernetics, all designed to help people survive. Honestly, if you think about those things I mentioned as cybernetics, you might see that there's a lot more plausability with something like "auto-mail." (If you've seen/read FullMetal Alchemist, then you know what I'm talking about.)

Subejective survival, I take to be acheiving goals, finding personal satisfaction, those sort of things. After fighting time, exhaustion, and availability yesterday/last night/this morning, I think I'm getting closer and closer to getting my Master's Degree.

In short, to survive, we must maintain the will to keep going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home