Friday, August 25, 2006

The Silents

I recently picked up the DVD of Silent Hill. Who'd have guess I'd have done that? Anyway, it's just as cool as I remembered, with all its twisted imagery, methodic pacing, and non-horror movie music. As such, I've put more thought into how I'll be executing my own horror-like project, The Silent Covenant.

First of all, I don't think it's a good idea to screw around with such a story. It's important to develop characters before making the world turn upside down, but I don't think I should do so to the extent of holding off the crazy shit. When things get started, they should continue to move forward. Why should the reader wait for the story to happen?

Before anyone can say or think it, let me say that I am not trying to copy Silent Hill. It provides a way to explore and explain some ideas that I was having problems visualizing. In short, it was this movie that allowed me to figure out exactly what this story should look like, as well as refined some previous ideas I'd had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home