Friday, August 11, 2006

Books! Memes! Run!

I got tagged, so it's my turn to do this. Besides, I think it's topical with what this web log is supposed to be about.

One book that changed your life:

Dune by Frank Herbert. It matured and solidified a lot of my views on science fiction and mythology.

One book that you've read more than once:

Well... there's just one little problem... I've never read a book more than once. I read so many that I just don't fit a book I've read back into the cycle. However, someday, I will reread a book.

One book you would want on a desert island:

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. It was $3 and new when I bought it, it's more than 900 pages, and it kicks ass.

One book that made you laugh:

Smoker by Greg Rucka. Evaluating the security of a rival operation... hilarious.

One book that made you cry:

The Green Mile
by Stephen King. The ending of the book is there just to break your heart.

One book you wish you had written:

Hmmm, that's a tough one. The only thing I can think of is cheating and going into comic books. The book I wish I'd written, Infinite Crisis (or at least issues 2-7), because I would have done it right.

One book you wish had never been written:

I've got to give an answer so I think I'll go with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglass Adams. It is without a doubt the one book that has been so overhyped, I'll probably be in my forties before I could seriously think about reading it--and only if it isn't mentioned to me again before then. Way too many people read it and started going on and on about, "42! 42!" That's part of why I answered the first question the way I did.

One book you are currently reading:

The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, Book I) by Philip Pullman.

One book you have been meaning to read:

Anything that's part of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Tag five people:

Oscar, Chris, Dan, Jonathan, Jack--you're it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, answered them, though I had to cheat more than you.

8/11/2006  
Blogger Daniel C. said...

I guess I should get around to answering this...

9/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home