Saturday, July 08, 2006

Anger

Our culture uses the term "anger" quite a bit. It so easily gets tangled in as one of a group of terms for the same emotional state. Mad. Enraged. Frustrated. But all these are different entities.

Anger is a state of intensified, lingering frustration and rage. Anger is what you feel when things have gone too far. Anger is what you feel when you truly, if only for a moment, want bad things to happen to other people. In that sense, anger is the place where revenge is born.

What we do with and about anger is what shapes us into who we are. Some people use anger to fuel them to be productive, in creative or social ways. Others use it as a reason to destroy, smashing things of beauty or ideas of public interest.

I've felt anger about some things, but instead of dwelling on it, I wrote out my grievances and filed them away for, if necessary, later use. Since I've already done that, I thought I might give you a chance to air your thoughts on anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home