Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Some Returns

I found out a fine bit of information earlier. It appears that, after a few years being practically joined at the hip to Deadpool--which is a wonderfully entertaining thing itself--Cable is finally getting his own series again. It's about six months away and I'm really looking forward to it (since Cable is my favorite comic book character). Here's some series art from Ariel Olivetti:




Not totally crazy about the costume. It's a little too 1990s for me, but that's what a lot of people are clinging to these days. If you look close, Cable's finally got the proper number of scars on his right eye again (three). Coming March 2008.

On another note, I finally touched base with my overt creative drive today. I was looking through the list of files I have on Vitamin F, and I found I needed to touch another note on Oriane's quest to find the pharmacist's killer. What I decided to do was have her seek out a few potential suspects and keep coming short, only being able to speak with one of the people she's after. The suspect she eventually does speak with enrages her to such a degree, she invokes a genetic audit on him, paying off several references I've put to the procedure throughout the novel.

I mention it because, in the process of assembling the chapters, I've been unable to do any real raw writing. It's the one near-regret I have over being this far along with the writing on Vitamin F.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I find myself surprised at how happy I am Cable isn't dead.

I think it's because I would have been disappointed if he had failed to escape an island-obliterating explosion Gambit and Sunfire walked away from.

9/11/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home